17 September 2023

Lee Jong-kyu PK blocked Lee Chang-geun…Daejeon draws 1-1 with Ulsan to stay unbeaten against Ulsan

By pestfood.com

Daejeon Hana Citizen remained unbeaten against Ulsan Hyundai thanks to Lee Chang-geun’s performance.

Daejeon drew 1-1 with Ulsan in the 30th round of the Hana OneQ K League 1 2023 at Munsu Football Stadium in Ulsan at 7 p.m. on Saturday. With the one point, Daejeon remained in eighth place in the league.

[Starting lineup]

Ulsan used a 4-4-2 formation. The rotation was. Kim Ji-hyun, Lee In-gyu, Cho Hyun-taek, Kim Min-hyuk, Kim Sung-joon, Ataru, Lee Myung-jae, Lim Jong-jeong, Kim Ki-hee, and Kim Tae-hwan started. Cho Su-hyuk wore the goalkeeping gloves.

Daejeon lined up in a 3-5-2 formation. Kim In-gyun, Tiago, Oh Jae-seok, Joo Se-jong, Lee Dong-won, Masa, Lee Hyun-sik, Kim Min-duk, Cho Yoo-min, and Kim Hyun-woo started. Lee Chang-geun was in goal.

[First half] Kim In-gyun scored the first goal and Lee In-gyu equalized…1-1 at halftime

Daejeon scored the first goal of the game early on. With just over a minute to go, Masa picked up the ball in a high position and sent a pass to Kim In-gyun, who slipped through the defense. Kim used his speed to catch the ball in the box and rattle the Ulsan net with a sensational finish.

After conceding the first goal at home, Ulsan immediately tried to counterattack. However, Ulsan struggled to break through Daejeon’s defense. In the third minute of the first half, Lee In-gyu had a shot that went wide. Kim Ji-hyun’s shots in the sixth and 12th minutes of the first half also went wide. Inhabigyu and Kim Ji-hyun were also caught offside several times in the first half.

Daejeon harassed Ulsan on the counterattack. Daejeon’s strategy was tightly spaced defense and fast-paced counterattacks. Ulsan had a few threatening moments when they lost the ball in situations where they were pressing high up the line and pressuring Daejeon. However, Ulsan’s need for an equalizer gave them reason to take risks and attack aggressively.

Ulsan’s efforts paid off. Ulsan equalized in the nick of time. In the 27th minute, Kim Hyun-woo committed a foul in the box, pulling on Lee In-gyu’s jersey, and a penalty kick was awarded. Even after the video assistant referee (VAR) review, the result remained the same. Lee Min-kyu, who took the kick, fooled Lee Chang-geun with a calm shot to equalize in the 29th minute.

The game became heated in the intense atmosphere. Ulsan’s Kim Min-hyuk and Kim Tae-hwan were cautioned, while Daejeon’s Lee Dong-won and Cho Yoo-min were sent off. At the end of the first half, Cho Hyun-taek and Joo Se-jong collided roughly. The first half ended 1-1.

[Second half] Lee Chang-geun continues to make saves… The game ends 1-1

At the start of the second half, both teams made substitutions. Ulsan sent off Cho Hyun-taek and brought on Rubikson. Daejeon sent out Jeon Byung-kwan in place of Lee Dong-won.

It was Ulsan who opened the second half. In the sixth minute of the second half, an overhead kick from Lee In-gyu was off target. Daejeon fought back. In the 10th minute of the second half, Joo Sae-jong’s free kick found Kim Hyun-woo on the other side, who attempted a diving header that was saved by Cho Soo-hyuk. In the process, Kim Hyun-woo’s face collided with Kim Ji-hyun’s foot.

The flow of the second half was not much different from the first. Ulsan tried to pass the ball around and create chances, while Daejeon focused on counterattacking after Ulsan blocked their attacks. Ulsan made a change in the 15th minute of the second half when Kim Ji-hyun exchanged places with Lee Cheong-yong. Daejeon responded by replacing Masa, who assisted Kim In-gyun’s first goal, with Kim Young-wook.

Lee Cheong-yong made an impact immediately after his introduction. In the 20th minute of the second half, he saw Lee In-gyu on the left flank and sent a sharp cross that Lee Chang-geun headed away. On the ensuing corner kick, Lee calmly handled the ball and sent it forward at once, but the ball was out of play and Daejeon couldn’t capitalize on the counterattack.

Ulsan took advantage of Daejeon’s defense by linking up on the flanks. In the 25th minute of the second half, Ulsan’s passing play resulted in a shot from Lee In-gyu, but it was blocked by the defense, which was called offside. Ulsan then replaced Kim Ki-hee, who complained of muscle pain, with Kim Young-kwon, and Daejeon, who felt their defense was shakier than in the first half, pulled out the Anton card. Anton took the field in place of Kim Hyun-woo.

Kim In-gyun and Thiago flashed. In the 26th minute of the second half, Thiago won an aerial ball contest and gave the ball to Kim In-gyun, who crossed it to Thiago with precision. However, Thiago’s header went wide of the side of the goal. After surviving the crisis, Ulsan replaced Ataru and Kim Sung-joon with Jang Si-young and Bako for the match.

Just past the midway point of the second half, Ulsan pounded the Daejeon defense with one long pass from the back, which created a good chance but failed to break through. In the 35th minute of the second half, Ulsan capitalized on a mistake by Joo Sae-jong and sent the ball to a diving Bako, but Bako was unable to get past the Daejeon defense.

Ulsan was frustrated, and Daejeon breathed a sigh of relief. In the 38th minute, a ball into the box was cleared off the line by Anton, but the ball found its way to Bako, who split the Daejeon goal with an exquisite volley into the corner of the net in a difficult situation. However, after VAR, Bako’s goal was disallowed as it was ruled that Lim Jong-jeon’s position affected Lee Chang-geun’s vision. Ulsan tried to pull a goal back in the 43rd minute through Kim Min-hyuk, but his shot was saved by Lee Chang-geun. In the meantime, Daejeon replaced Joo Se-jong and Kim In-gyun with Lee Jin-hyun and Leandro to take the reins of the offense.토토사이트

In the final minutes of the game, there was a twist. Ulsan was awarded a second penalty kick. In the third minute of second-half stoppage time, Oh Jae-seok blocked Lee Cheong-yong’s shot and the ball hit his arm. The referee immediately awarded a penalty kick, which was upheld after VAR.

But Lee Chang-geun was also a variable. He saved the day. In the fifth minute of second-half stoppage time, Lee made a perfect reading of the right-footed shot of Lee Min-kyu, the kicker, and beat him to keep the game in balance. Ulsan and Daejeon exchanged attacks until the end of the match, but the game ended 1-1.