“I won’t be able to play in ML anymore” 300 billion genius shortstop’s worst scandal, clubs ‘stop loss’ to remove ads
Have we come to the conclusion that it’s already over? The Tampa Bay Rays have placed a “stop-loss” order on Wander Franco, 22, the “genius shortstop” embroiled in the worst scandal of his career. It was reported that the player who signed a contract worth up to 300 billion won’t be able to play in the major leagues anymore.먹튀검증
“Tampa Bay is removing Franco’s image from the team’s commercials and highlight videos on TV and elsewhere,” the New York Post reported on Nov. 21.
“Velisports, which broadcasts all of Tampa Bay’s games, has already removed Franco’s image from various highlight videos,” the media continued, adding, “This is unprecedented while the Major League Baseball commissioner’s investigation is not yet complete. The situation seems to be very serious.”
Hector Gomez, a journalist from the Dominican Republic who is familiar with Major League Baseball, also said on social media that it is unlikely Franco will ever play in the majors again. “This is the same person who broke the news of Franco’s extension for 2021,” Gomez said, adding credibility to the report.
Earlier, the Tampa Bay Times reported that “Major League Baseball’s governing body and the Tampa Bay Rays are investigating allegations about Franco that have been circulating on social media,” on April 14. The same day, a social media channel reported that “the allegations came to light after Franco had sex with a 14-year-old girl and failed to pay her the money he promised her to keep quiet.
A native of the Dominican Republic, Franco broke into the big leagues in 2021 as a 20-year-old under “terms” and hit .288 with seven home runs and 39 RBIs in 70 games in his first year. He signed a mega-contract with Tampa Bay that winter, worth $182 million over 11 years and a maximum total of $223 million over 12 years with a club option. After hitting just six home runs in 83 games last year, he was on fire this season, batting .281 with 17 home runs and 58 RBIs in 112 games.
However, he has shown some character issues, getting into altercations with teammates during games earlier this year when he couldn’t control his temper, and when he wasn’t performing to his satisfaction at the plate, he would return to the dugout and slam his bat or throw his equipment, behaviors that were detrimental to his teammates.
The Tampa Bay organization has tried to improve Franco’s behavior in the past through lineup exclusions and discipline, but this latest scandal involving sex with a minor has the potential to be devastating. “Franco’s contract with Tampa Bay could be canceled if he is found to have had sex with a 14-year-old girl,” according to ESPN and other local media outlets.
Franco hasn’t played since Nov. 13 against Cleveland. Tampa Bay placed Franco on the restricted list on Nov. 15 and recalled shortstop Oslevis Vasave, 23, from Triple-A to fill his spot.